Under Camiguin sky and right under that erected cross marker is a not-so-happy story. In fact, some people think of it as creepy.
Camiguin island in Mindanao, Philippines had experienced major volcanic eruptions in the years 1827, 1862, 1871 and in 1948. And It was during the 1871 eruption of Mt. Vulcan that the old capital of Camiguin along with many of its residents met their tragic end. The area including its old cemetery also sunk as a result of the eruption. The 1948 eruption reportedly sunk the area even deeper. And so the cross marker we now see, built in 1982 is a reminder of where the community cemetery was once located.
As I stood in the area surrounding the cross maker that hot day in December (you can sail to the marker from the seashore), I kept thinking how quiet, how serene the place was when story upon story had been buried beneath the waves of the sea.
Note: I took the above photo during our family trip in Camiguin. You can read more about our Camiguin trip here. This is also my entry to Skywatch Friday. You can find some cool sky photos there 🙂
The sun shines in its full radiance here in Asia telling us that indeed it is summer time once again! And everyone appears to be up and about — ready for a dip in the swimming pool or better yet, in the sea.
Heading to the beach may be the most exciting part of summer. It is almost always part of the itinerary this season for most people. Others prefer to give in to their adrenaline rush climbing that mountain slope or just about anything that gets you that summer tan to fit in the crowd.
Did you know that spending extended hours under the extreme summer sun can pose serious danger to your hair and scalp? The same UV rays that brings damage to your skin without proper protection can equally hurt your hair and scalp.
Below are some of the problems your hair can encounter during the season:
- Split-Ends – UV rays and extreme high temperature can take their toll on your strands. The heat drains the moisture of your hair out causing breakage.
- Double Trouble – Rebonded or permed hair needs extra attention as high temperature well as humidity disrupts the cuticle breaking some of the chemical bonds that keep the hair straight or curls and roughing up the cuticle, taking away shine and smoothness.
- Scalp problem – Scalp may also get sun-burned if you don’t use cover-ups for your head.
- Grease problem – Summer sun and humidity can bring extra grease on your hair, leaving it vulnerable to damage.
- Chlorine Stress – Swimming in the pool subjects your hair to chlorine. The outer layers of the cuticle of the hair opens up when you swim and chlorinated water seeps into the center of the hair thus making your hair more brittle.
- Excessive Salt Water – Salt water can cause the same damage as chlorinated ones. Salt water dries on the hair it creates a high-saline solution which can build up and cause hair to feel dry, weighed down and hard to manage.
All these problem can be addressed by keeping your hair clean and showered after each activities. Take vitamin supplements that benefits you hair such as Vitamin C and Biotin. Getting your hair pampered will also give respite to the sun and chemical abuse.
Novuhair, nature’s answer to hair loss is composed of 19 Natural ingredients with some of the known medicinal plants such as Ginger, Pennywort and Ginseng blended with natural essences of rosemary and peppermint.
Novuhair nourishes the scalp and hair by increasing the flow of nutrients and improving blood circulation to the scalp which is very important after subjecting your hair from all your summer activities. Novuhair also helps hydrate the scalp, maintain the hair’s natural luster and prevent early hair graying, hair dryness and itching. #NovuhairSummer
Novuhair Topical Scalp Lotion, Shampoo and Conditioner are available in all Mercury Drug Stores and other leading drug stores nationwide. For more information visit www.novuhair.com, like the brand’s official Facebook Page at Novuhair Official, follow it on Twitter at @NovuhairNatural and on Instagram @novuhairofficial. You may also call the Novuhair hotlines at 4136570 and 09228830575 and order online at Lazada and regaloservice.com.
There are songs that we love and there are dances that tell a story and inspire us.
I see all these come together as I watched USA Gymnast Simone Biles and her professional dance partner, Sasha Farber danced to Simone’s chosen song in Dancing with the Stars. Biles, who was adopted as a kid, chose a Chris Tomlin* song: Good Good Father. Biles runs to her adoptive father at the end of the dance.
Watch and be inspired 🙂
*Chris Tomlin is a known contemporary Christian songwriter and worship leader from the US.